Private Jet Airports in Boston, MA
Air Charter Advisors utilizes the following private jet airports to arrange flights in Boston, Massachusetts and surrounding areas of New England.
The most popular choices are centrally located Logan Intl (BOS), and Hanscom Field (BED) in nearby Bedford, MA. New Bedford Regional (EWB) is a popular private jet hub for those arriving closer to Cape Cod, and there are dozens of additional airports available for smaller piston and turboprop planes. Call or e-mail us to review all of the options available for your flight.
(KBOS, BOS) Logan International Airport – Boston, MA
- Alias: General Edward Lawrence Logan International Airport
- Runway: 10,083 feet | 10,000′ | 7,861′ | 7,000′ | 5,000′ | 2,557′
- FBO: Signature Flight Support (BOS)
- Customs & Immigration: Yes
- Website: https://www.massport.com/logan-airport/
Logan International Airport, officially known as General Edward Lawrence Logan International Airport (IATA: BOS, ICAO: KBOS, FAA LID: BOS), is the main gateway to New England, located in the city’s east neighborhood. Handling over 33 million passengers in 2015, it ranks as the 18th busiest airport in the United States.
Logan International features 6 asphalt runways in varying lengths to accommodate anything from small props such as a Cirrus SR 22 or a King Air 90, to long range jets and private airliners, including an Airbus A320 or a Global Jet (Express, XRS, 5000).
The airport offer 4 passenger terminals, and there are several FBOs located on site. General aviation is handled by Signature Flight Support, adjacent to the North Cargo area.
Sometimes described as its own small city, (KBOS) Logan International Airport is home to a fire department, police department, power plant and two hotels – private jet travelers will find Hilton and Hyatt hotels near Terminal A.
(KBED, BED) Laurence G. Hanscom Field – Bedford, MA
- Alias: Hanscom Field
- Runway: 7,011 feet | 5,107 feet
- FBO: Jet Aviation | Rectrix Aerodrome Center | Signature Flight Support (BED)
- Customs & Immigration: Yes ; Tel: +1 800 973 2867
- Website: https://www.massport.com/hanscom-field/
Hanscom Field (IATA: BED, ICAO: KBED, FAA LID: BED) is a public airport located in Bedford, and it’s the largest general aviation airport in Massachusetts. Officially known as Laurence G. Hanscom Field, it’s location just outside of downtown Boston make it a popular choice for private and corporate flights.
Hanscom Field features two asphalt runways long enough to accommodate aircraft from Piper Cubs to Gulfstream V jets (5/23: 5,107 feet and 11/29: 7,011 feet), and there are three FBOs to service general aviation.
Thanks to its facilities and location in Bedford, (KBED) Hanscom Field has emerged as one of the region’s most important business and general aviation airports. It routinely services the second most air traffic in New England behind Logan International, and its the preferred airport for many local sports teams and universities.
(KEWB, EWB) New Bedford Regional Airport – New Bedford, MA
- Alias: Bedford | Bedford Regional
- Runway: 5,504 feet | 5,000 feet
- FBO: Colonial Air | Nor East Aviation | Sandpiper Air
- Customs & Immigration: Yes ; PNR ; Tel: +1 800 973 2867
- Website: http://www.newbedford-ma.gov/airport/
Located just a couple of miles northwest of New Bedford’s central business district, New Bedford Regional Airport (IATA: EWB, ICAO: KEWB, FAA LID: EWB) offers private fliers an additional option to land small props or light jets.
(EWB) New Bedford Regional was built as a commercial airport in the 1940s, but served as a military field until the end of WWII. After the war, it was converted back to civilian use, and over the years, it has been improved with additional runway lighting and approach guidance systems.
The airport offers two asphalt runways (5/23 5,400: 5,400 feet and 14/32: 5,000 feet), and facilities include 3 FBOs to service general aviation. Plans to expand runway 5/23 for air cargo traffic were met with heavy local opposition, and abandoned in 2005.
- (KBVY, BVY) Beverly Regional Airport – Beverly, MA
Runway: 5,001 feet
- (KOWD, OWD) Norwood Memorial Airport – Norwood, MA
Runway: 4,008 feet | FBO: Flight Level Aviation
- (KLWM, LWM) Lawrence Municipal Airport – Lawrence, MA
Runway: 5,001 feet | FBO: Eagle East Aviation – Lawrence Jet Center
- (KMVY, MVY) Martha’s Vineyard Municipal – Martha’s Vineyard, MA
Runway: 5,504 feet | FBO: MVY Airport
- (1B9) Mansfield Municipal Airport – Mansfield, MA
Runway: 3,503 feet
- (KACK, ACK) Nantucket Memorial – Nantucket, MA
Runway: 6,303 feet | FBO: ACK Airport
- (KHYA, HYA) Barnstable Municipal – Hyannis, MA
Runway: 5,425 feet
- (KPYM, PYM) Plymouth Municipal – Plymouth, MA
Runway: 4,349 feet | FBO: Alpha One
- (KGHG, GHG) Marshfield Municipal Airport – Marshfield, MA
Runway: 3,900 feet | FBO: Shoreline Aviation
- (KTAN, TAN) Taunton Municipal King Field – Taunton, MA
Runway: 3,500 feet | FBO: Taunton Muni
Boston Private Airports | Contact Us
Have any questions regarding Boston-area private airports for your upcoming flight? Send us an e-mail or give us a call at 1-888-987-5387 to speak with one of our brokers to discuss all of the available options.