Charter the Learjet 55 Midsize Business Jet
Air Charter Advisors offers instant access to aircraft charters around the world, including on-demand jet charters on the Learjet 55, a midsize business jet from Bombardier.
The Learjet 55 was introduced in 1979 and ended production when it was replaced by its successor, the Learjet 60. This midsize jet was based on the Lear 28 and 29 models with increased wingspan and high-strength aluminum winglets to reduce drag, and its wingtips gave it the nickname “Longhorn”.
The series was created to offer more room than its smaller 25 and 35/A series, and was initially supposed to produce a total of three variants — the 54, 55 and 56 — but the Lear 55 was the only one made.
Bombardier would later release upgraded variations, including the Learjet 55B with a glass cockpit, improved take-off performance and increased range in 1986, and the Learjet 55C, which featured a new fuselage design and delta fins to reduce landing speed and increase stability, and the Learjet 55 ER, an extended range variant of the C
Nearly 150 models were built, and most of them have been completely refurbished with new plush interiors and beautiful paint jobs.
Today, they are terrific options for private jet charters, able to fly across the country or from region to region with a non-stop range of more than 2,000 nautical miles. The interior offers a comfortable standup cabin (5’7″), seating for up to 10 passengers, an enclosed lavatory, and a galley for refreshments and catering on board.
For instant pricing and availability on Lear 55s and similar midsize jets near you and information on private jet memberships for business or luxury travel, please request a quote or call our advisors at +1 (888) 987-5387 for more details.
- Club Seating Arrangement
- Non-Stop Range between New York and Dallas
- High Cruise Ceiling for a Smooth Ride
- Ample Baggage Space Inside & Out
Learjet 55 Pricing, Performance, & Specifications
The cost to charter a Learjet 55 starts at around $3,000 an hour* and will vary based on year of make, model (55A, 55B, 55C), routing, scheduling, positioning, passenger/baggage totals, and more. Considered to be one of the most utilized business jets in the world, Learjets are not only pioneers in the aviation industry, but their very competitive pricing makes them a favorite for on-demand charters.
- Year of Make: 1979–1987
- Manufacturer: Bombardier
- Class: Midsize Jet
- MSRP: $750,000 (pre-owned)
- Hourly Rate: $2,500 – $3,200*
- Crew: 2 pilots
- Capacity: up to 10 passenger
- Length: 55 ft 1 in
- Wingspan: 43 ft 10 in
- Height: 14 ft 8 in
- MTOW: 21,500 lb (9,752 kg)
- Max Payload: 2,107 lb
- Top Speed: 541 mph (470 kn; 871 km/h) @ 30,000′
- Cruise Speed: 462 mph (402 kn; 744 km/h) @ 49,000′
- Climb Rate: 4,059 ft/min
- Range: 2,165 nmi (2,492 mi; 4,010 km) w/ 4 pax
- Ceiling: 51,000 ft
- Runway: 5,600 ft (landing); 2,800 ft (landing)
- Engines: 2x Garrett TFE731-3A-2B
- Thrust: 3,700 lbf (16 kN) each
- Seats: 6-8
- Cabin Height: 5 ft 7 in
- Cabin Width: 5 ft 9 in
- Cabin Length: 16 ft 7 in
- Cabin Volume: 407 cu ft
- Baggage Capacity: 40 cu ft (20 cu ft external)
- Bathroom: Enclosed Lav
Request a FREE Quote | Learjet 55 Jet Charter, Sales, and Management
Air Charter Advisors offers on-demand private jet charter services on the Learjet 55 midsize business jet. For hourly rates and availability on charter jets near you, submit your request or speak to our advisors about charter and jet card options by calling +1-888-987-5387.
* Average hourly rates vary depending on make, model and year; amenities, routing and scheduling/availability, and do not include fuel, taxes, crew charges, ramp, hangar, FBO, overnights, daily minimums, taxes, international fees, catering, ground transport, or de-icing. If you would like an accurate quote, please call or email. Pictures are for example only. The age, color, interior layout, hourly rates, specifications, dimensions may all vary between aircraft. All images copyrighted and provided courtesy of Bombardier Aerospace unless noted otherwise.