Charter a Private Flight on the Lear 40 or Lear 40XR
Charter or purchase a jet card on the Learjet 40, a high-performance, 6-passenger light jet from Bombardier Aerospace.
The Lear 40 was a welcome and worthy replacement for Bombardier’s Lear 31a model, incorporating several performance and comfort improvements from the Lear 45 model, including a shorter fuselage (24 1/2″) and two “AR” engines (Honeywell TFE731-20AR). The upgraded 40XR model was introduced in October, 2004, offering increased takeoff weight, higher cruise performance, and faster climb rates compared to the original.
- Enclosed Lavatory
- Hot and cold food and drink
- Fast cruise speed at Mach 0.81
LearJet 40 Photo Gallery
Lear 40 / 40XR Pricing, Performance, & Specifications
- Production: 2003 – 2009 / 40XR: 2005-2012
- Avg. Year of Model: 2006
- Hourly Rate: $2,750 – $3,750
- MSRP: $10.8 million
- Pre-Owned Cost: $2 million (40XR)
Specifications (Lear 40)
- Crew: 2 (minimum)
- Length: 55 ft 6 in (16.93 m)
- Wingspan: 47 ft 9 in (14.56 m)
- Height: 14 ft 1 in (4.31 m)
- Wing Area: 311 sq ft (29 sq m)
- Max Takeoff Weight: 21,000 lbs (9,545 kg)
- Max Payload: 2,305 lbs (1,047 kg)
- Engines: 2x Honeywell TFE731-20AR w/ 3500 lbs each (-20BR in the Lear 40XR)
- Cruise Speed: 526 mph (457 kn; 852 km/h)
- Maximum Speed: Mach .81 (534 mph; 464 kn; 865 km/h)
- Long Range Cruise Speed: 489 mph; 425 kn; 793 km/h)
- Climb Rate: 2,820 ft/min
- Runway: 4,330 ft (takeoff) / 2,324 ft (landing)
- Range (Seats Full): 1,552 nmi (1,786 mi, 2,895 km)
- Max Range: 1,692 nmi (1,947 mi, 3,156 km)
- Service Ceiling: 51,000 ft
- Seating: 6-7 passengers
- Cabin Height: 4 ft 9 in (1.5 m)
- Cabin Width: 5 ft 1 in (1.55 m)
- Cabin Length: 19 ft 8 in (6.02 m)
- Cabin Volume: 368 cu ft
- Internal Baggage Capacity: 15 cu ft
- External Storage: 50 cu ft
Fly private in a Lear 40. This light jet is quite a contender in the competitive private jet market. Its cruise speed, cabin space, and technological advancements are greater than other light private jets.
The Bombardier Learjet 40 XR business jet is a cost effective charter solution. Its cruise speed of Mach 0.81 is faster than any other aircraft in its class. The Learjet 40 combines speed with charter efficiency for private jet charter flights up to 4 hours in duration.
93 Learjet 40XR were produced, and all remain in service as of early 2019. More than 9 in 10 Learjet 40XRs are based in the Western Hemisphere, with with 76% in the North America, and 18% in the South America.
Lear 40 Jet Charter, Sales, and Management
Need to book a Bombardier Learjet 40 for your next private flight? Purchasing your own light jet or joining a fractional program? Looking to become a jet card member? No matter what type of traveler you are, Air Charter Advisors is your complete source for jet charters, sales, and management on the Learjet 40/40XR. Call our brokers at 1-888-987-5387 or contact us with any questions or to request more information.
* Average hourly rates vary depending on make, model and year; amenities, routing and scheduling/availability, and do not include fuel, taxes, crew charges, ramp, hangar, FBO, overnights, daily minimums, taxes, international fees, catering, ground transport, or de-icing. If you would like an accurate quote, please call or email. Pictures are for example only. The age, color, interior layout, hourly rates, specifications, dimensions may all vary between aircraft. All images copyrighted and provided courtesy of Bombardier unless noted otherwise.