Charter a Gulfstream G280 Business Jet
Rent the Gulfstream G280, a super-midsize business jet from Gulfstream Aerospace offering some of the highest levels of comfort and versatility in private aviation.
Able to reach speeds of up to 652 miles per hour, it’s one of the fastest, most luxurious ways to cross the country in a matter of hours.
Gulfstream G280s offer the widest body in its class, creating a luxurious, spacious cabin with seating for up to 9. Passengers will enjoy plenty of headroom and maneuverability with a 6’3″ cabin height, while meals and catering can be handled in a large galley, and in-cabin baggage access keeps all your items within reach throughout your flight.
Air Charter Advisors offers access to Gulfstream jets around the world with zero-commitment quotes and competitive charter rates. Our services can have you in the air in as little as 4 hours, and we can arrange a variety of luxury concierge services to perfectly complement your luxury flight, from gourmet catering, ground transportation, private helicopter, and luxury yachts.
For instant pricing & availability on Gulfstream G280s near you, give us a call at 1-888-987-JETS (5387).
- Seating for up to 9 Passengers
- Cross Country Range & High-Speed Performance
- Low Cost of Ownership & Operation
- Class-Leading Baggage Capacity
- Private Lavatory and Partial Galley
G280 Photo Gallery
G280 Pricing, Performance, & Specifications
The cost to charter a Gulfstream G280 starts at around $6,500 an hour* and will vary based on year of make, model, scheduling, passenger amounts, and other factors. Below you will find details such as pricing, hourly rates, cabin configuration, and specifications for the G280 super midsize jet. please submit your request for a free charter quote or call us directly for all-inclusive pricing.
- Year of Make: 2011–
- Manufacturer: Gulfstream
- Class: Super Midsize
- Hourly Charter Rate: $6,000–$7,000*
- MSRP: $24,000,000
- Crew: 2
- Typical Seating: 8-10 passengers
- Payload: 4,050 lb (1,840 kg)
- Length: 62 ft 3 in (18.97 m)
- Wingspan: 58 ft 1 in (17.70 m)
- Height: 21 ft 5 in (6.53 m)
- Wing Area: 369 ft² (34.3 m²)
- Empty Weight: 19,200 lb (8,709 kg)
- Max. Takeoff Weight: 35,450 lb (16,080 kg)
- Maximum Speed: 652 mph (0.85 mach)
- Cruising Speed: 532 knots (613 mph)
- Maximum Range: 3,600 nautical miles
- Service ceiling: 45,000 ft (13,700 m)
- Engines: 2x Pratt & Whitney Canada PW306A turbofans, 6,040 lbf (26.9 kN) each
- Typical Seating Configuration: 8
- Maximum Possible Seating: 10
- Interior Cabin Height: 6’3″
- Interior Cabin Length: 24’5”
- Interior Cabin Width: 7’2”
- Total Baggage Space: 150 cu ft.
- Bathroom Specs: Fully Enclosed Lavatory
- Amenities: Flight attendant may be available, Designated flight attendant jump seat may be available, Wi-Fi / Flight Phone / Air-Show may be available, Aircraft has a partial galley
Visit the Official Site: http://www.gulfstream.com/aircraft/gulfstream-g280
The G280 took over in 2011 following the success of the Gulfstream 200, and it quickly became a popular choice for cross country and transatlantic charter flights thanks to its class-leading cabin space and incredible performance.
Like the 200, it still features the widest, tallest cabin in its class and the same massive storage space, with an additional window added to bring the total to 19. Additional upgrades include two full-sized windows in its enclosed lavatory, as well as a vacuum toilet, a lav system that Gulfstream claims to be unique in its class.
The new model features a number of additional improvements to make it a worthy successor: advanced transonic wings are optimized for high-speed cruising; increased take-off performance allows MTOW (max take-off weight) utilizing a 4,750-foot runway compared to the previous model’s 6,080-foot runway requirement.
The combined aerodynamic and engine improvements not only increase runway capabilities and in-air performance, but it also adds an additional 200 nautical miles of range.
Safety is also improved with advanced flight deck components including the PlaneView280; HUD II guidance systems and Enhanced Vision Systems (EVS II) to reduce pilot workload and enhance awareness in low-visibility situations; an innovative ‘auto-braking’ safety enhancement, a first in the industry, works with its brake-by-wire system to improve reliability.
High-speed performance, one of the widest cabins in its class, enhanced safety features, and impressive short-runway performance make it a significant upgrade to its predecessor and an excellent business jet for executive charter flights. Low operating costs make it a preferred choice for private individual and corporate flight departments – in fact, the G280’s operating costs are less than a Hawker 800XP while outperforming it in speed, cabin size, and range.
Did You Know?
The G280 was originally branded as the G250, however, when translated from Mandarin, the number 250 can be used as slang for ‘stupid, idiot, or simpleton’ – “Introducing the all-new super mid-size jet to take your business global – the Gulfstream Simpleton.”
As you can imagine, this created a bit of a marketing problem as Gulfstream prepared to introduce their new super midsize business jet to a lucrative Asian market. Due to the cultural sensitivity surrounding the potentially misunderstood nomenclature, it was rebranded as the G280.
Gulfstream G280 Jet Charter Services
For availability and hourly rates on hiring the G280 from Gulfstream Aerospace, or acquisitions, sales, fractional ownership, and jet card membership info, call us at 1-888-987-5387.
* Average hourly rates vary depending on make, model and year; amenities, routing and scheduling/availability, and do not include fuel, taxes, crew charges, ramp, hangar, FBO, overnights, daily minimums, taxes, international fees, catering, ground transport, or de-icing. If you would like an accurate quote, please call or email. Pictures are for example only. The age, color, interior layout, hourly rates, specifications, dimensions may all vary between aircraft. All images and video provided courtesy of Gulfstream Aerospace unless noted otherwise.