Charter, Lease, or Purchase a Bombardier CL-600
Charter a private flight on the Challenger 600, the original heavy jet in the Challenger family of business jets from Bombardier Aerospace.
Bombardier’s CL-600 (1A11) was the original aircraft in the 600 series, a line of business jets renowned for supreme comfort thanks to its class-leading cabin space, and a transcontinental range of nearly 3,000 nautical miles. This heavy jet can fly nonstop across the United States, making the 600 series one of the most chartered aircraft in business aviation.
Air Charter Advisors offers access to the entire line of Challenger 600 business jets, including the Bombardier CL-600. For instant hourly rates and aircraft availability for private charter flight, call (888) 987-5387 and speak with our jet charter brokers to arrange your next private jet charter on the Bombardier Challenger 600.
- The Original Challenger Heavy Jet
- Private Lavatory
- Long Flight Range
- Wide, Flexible Cabin
Challenger 600 Pricing, Performance, & Specifications
- Year of Make: 1980 – 1983
- Max Range: 2,909 nmi
- Seating: 10-17 passengers
- Cruising Speed: 528 mph
- Avg Hourly Rate: $4,200 – $5,500*
- Max Payload: 6,850 lbs
- Max Take Off Weight: 41,250 lbs
- Climb Rate: 4,450 ft/min
- Cruise Speed: 527 mph (458 kts; 848 km/h)
- Long-Range Speed: 461 mph (401 kts; 743 km/h)
- Takeoff Distance: 5,700 ft (1,737 m) (SL, ISA, MTOW)
- Landing Distance: 3,050 ft (930 m) (SL, ISA, MLW)
- Service Ceiling: 41,000 ft (12,497 m)
- Engines: 2x Lycoming ALF 502 w/ 7,500 lbf thrust
- Seating: 12 passengers (18 max)
- Cabin Height: 6 ft 1 in
- Cabin Width: 8 ft 2 in
- Cabin Length: 28 ft 3 in
- Cabin Volume: 1,403 cu ft
- Baggage Capacity: 115 cu ft
- Lavatory: Private/Enclosed
Challenger 600 Photo Gallery
The CL-600 (1A11) was originally developed in the mid-1970s as the Learstar 600, a collaboration between Canadair and Bill Lear of Learjet. After purchasing the right to the aircraft in 1976, Canadair, a division of Bombardier Aerospace, redesigned it as the Challenger and received certification in 1980.
A total of 85 Challenger 600 aircraft were manufactured between 1980 and 1983, with 65 in operation today. Of the 65 aircraft still in operation today, 64 are wholly owned with 1 in shared ownership. North America is home to the largest percentage (75%), followed by Asia (14%).
The interior volume for the Challenger 600 measures just over 1,400 cubic feet, with two seating sections: typically a four-chair club section then conference grouping or divans and an aft lavatory. for up to 11 passenger and 2 crew seats. The cabin also features a forward galley, and a wide, walk-in, stand-up cabin.
The Challenger CL-600 is powered by 2x Lycoming ALF-502L engines that offer 7,500 pounds of thrust each while consuming 316 gallons per hour. Operating under NBAA IFR with 4 passengers and available fuel, the Challenger 600 offer a range of 2,909 nm (nautical miles).
Challenger 600 Series
The Challenger 600 series has been a stalwart of business aviation for nearly 3 decades. Since it’s introduction in the early 80’s, the Challenger family of corporate jets has been modified and updated over the years to include the Challenger 601 (CL-601); Challenger 604 (CL-604); Challenger 605 (CL-605); and Challenger 650 (CL-650).
The 500th model in the 600 series was delivered in 2000; the 1,000th delivery was the newest model, the CL-650, delivered in 2015. By late 2018, the global fleet consisted of: 611 in North America, 151 in Europe, 93 in Latin America, 78 in Asia-South Pacific, 37 in Africa, and 23 in the Middle East.
By the end of 2017, nearly 1,100 Challenger 600 Series business jets had been delivered around the world. When you include the Challenger 300 and Challenger 850, there are more than 1,600 Bombardier Challengers in-service, with 7.5 million hours of flight time and and more than 4.5 million flights.
Challenger 600 Jet Charter, Sales, & Management
Call 1-888-987-5387 to discuss all of the private aviation services we offer on the Challenger 600 series from Bombardier. Whether you’re arranging an executive flight on a Bombardier CL-600, purchasing one privately or as part of a fractional ownership, or looking for a private jet card for a wide-cabin, transatlantic business jet, Air Charter Advisors is your source for private jet services on the Bombardier Challenger 600.
* Average hourly rates vary depending on make, model and year; amenities, routing and scheduling/availability, and do not include fuel, taxes, crew charges, ramp, hangar, FBO, overnights, daily minimums, taxes, international fees, catering, ground transport, or de-icing. If you would like an accurate quote, please call or email. Pictures are for example only. The age, color, interior layout, hourly rates, specifications, dimensions may all vary between aircraft. All images copyrighted and provided courtesy of Bombardier Inc.