Charter a Private Flight on the Eclipse EA-500 VLJ
Air Charter Advisors offer instant access to entry-level jets, including the Eclipse 500, a 4-passenger business jet manufactured by Eclipse Aviation and later upgraded and sold by Eclipse Aerospace.
When it was first introduced in 2006, the Eclipse EA-500 was the first aircraft of its kind and essentially created the Very Light Jet category. It was based on the Williams V-Jet II, which was designed and manufactured in 1997 for Williams International. Eclipse founded in 1998 with the intention of producing the aircraft, and deliveries began in 2006.
Powered by twin lightweight Pratt & Whitney Canada PW610F engines, this VLJ delivers a range of 1,125 nautical miles while reaching speeds up to 425 mph, making it an ideal option for individuals and small group charters.
For pricing & availability on Eclipse 500s and similar light aircraft in your area, please request a free charter quote or call us directly at +1 (888) 987-5387.
Eclipse 500 Pricing, Performance & Specifications
The cost to charter an Eclipse 500 starts at around $3,000 an hour* and will vary based on year of make, model (500 / 500SE / 550), aircraft schedule and position; passenger and baggage amounts, and other factors. Below you will find details for the EA-500 such as pricing, hourly rates, cabin configuration, and aircraft performance.
- Year of Make: 2006 — 2008
- Manufacturer: Eclipse Aviation
- Class: Very Light Jet
- MSRP: $2.5M
- Hourly Rate: $2,750 — $3,450*
- Crew: one or two pilots
- Capacity: up to 5 passengers
- Height: 11 ft 0 in
- Length: 33 ft 1 in
- Wingspan: 37 ft 3 in
- MTOW: 6,000 lb (2,721 kg)
- Max Speed: 425 mph (370 kts; 685 km/h)
- Range: 1,125 nmi (IFR with 45 min NBAA reserve) (1,295 mi, 2,084 km)
- Ceiling: 41,000 ft (12,500 m)
- Climb Rate: 3,424 ft / min (1,044 m / min)
- Runway: 2,345 ft (takeoff); 2,250 ft (landing)
- Engine: 2x Pratt & Whitney Canada PW610F
- Thrust: 900 lbf (4 kN flat-rated to > ISA+10C) each
- Seats: 4
- Cabin Height: 4’2″
- Cabin Length: 5’2”
- Cabin Width: 4’8”
- Internal Baggage: 16 cu ft.
- Bathroom Specs: N/A
More Information | Eclipse 500 Personal Jet
The Eclipse Aerospace 500 & Total Eclipse Very Light Jet is the most cost-effective twin-engine personal jet to own and operate. Originally starting at just over $2 million, you can purchase a pre-owned for a great discount. Typically the configuration is utilizing one pilot and three passengers but we prefer to only arrange this VLJ with a two-pilot configuration for added safety.
The Eclipse 500 VLJ private jet has state of the art avionics, similar to the instruments found in private aircraft that are much more pricey. Flying up to 41,000 feet, this jet can get over turbulent weather and fly state to state making it an excellent option for passengers looking at a competitively priced private jet charter on shorter trips.
Eclipse 500 Jet Charter Services
The Eclipse EA500 is an excellent aircraft to rent for your on-demand charter flights. If you are interested in a quote to book your charter flight, purchasing an aircraft for sale, or you need assistance with selling or managing your current aircraft, please do not hesitate to contact us.
* Average hourly rates vary depending on make, model and year; amenities, routing and scheduling/availability, and do not include fuel, taxes, crew charges, ramp, hangar, FBO, overnights, daily minimums, taxes, international fees, catering, ground transport, or de-icing. If you would like an accurate quote, please call or email. Pictures are for example only. The age, color, interior layout, hourly rates, specifications, dimensions may all vary between aircraft. All images copyrighted and provided courtesy of Eclipse Aviation.