Air Cargo & Passenger Charter Services on the Airbus A340-300
Air Charter Advisors offers air freight & passenger charter services on the Airbus A340-300, a long-range, wide-body airliner and quad-jet derivative of the A300.
Airbus created the A340-300, its most popular variant, to compete with Boeing and McDonnell Douglas, offering non-stop service to destinations previously requiring fuel stops. The Airbus A340-300 entered service in 1993, with a total of nearly 350 built. Many A340 series airliners are still in service offering long haul flights around the world; an A340-500 operated by Singapore Airlines completed an 8,200 mile non-stop flight from Newark, NJ, USA to Singapore to set a new world record for the longest scheduled non-stop commercial flight.
The A340-300E is an extended range variant, offering upgraded engines to increase max takeoff weight to 275 tons (606,000 lb) and fully-loaded range to between 7,200 to 7,400 nautical miles.
The A340-300 is an ideal airliner for a transoceanic charter flights, with a maximum speed of 543 miles per hour, 41,000 foot service ceiling, and a fully-loaded range of 6,700 nautical miles (12,400 km).
- Typical seating layout for 290 passengers
- Fully-load range of 6,700 nmi
- Up to 9 private lavatories
- Multiple galleys available
Airbus A340-300 Specifications
- Year of Make: 1993—2011
- Manufacturer: Airbus
- Class: VIP & Large Cargo Airliner
- MTOW: 276.5 t (610,000 lb)
Max Payload: 52 t (115,000 lb)
- Top Speed: Mach 0.86 (493 kn; 914 km/h)
- Cruise Speed: Mach 0.82 (470 kn; 871 km/h)
- Range: 7,300 nmi (13,500 km, MTOW)
- Service Ceiling: 41,450 ft (12,634 m)
- Runway: 10,000 ft (takeoff)
- Engines: 4x CFM International CFM56-5C
- Thrust: 31,200–34,000 lbf (138.78–151.24 kN)
- Cargo Volume: 4,680 cu ft (132.4 m³)
- Seating Capacity: up to 290 (444 in high-density)
- Height: 55.72 ft (16.99 m)
- Length: 208.96 ft (63.69 m)
- Wingspan: 197.83 ft (60.3 m)
Airbus A340-300 Air Freight & Passengers Charter Services
* Specifications are based on common models and may vary based on model, variant, modifications, and other factors. Please call or email us with the dimensions and payload of your cargo. Pictures are for example only. The age, color, interior layout, hourly rates, specifications, dimensions may all vary between aircraft. All images copyrighted and provided courtesy of Airbus unless noted otherwise.