Charter a Gulfstream G550 (GV-SP) Anywhere in the World
The G550 from Gulfstream Aerospace is one of the most successful business jets in aviation history, and a popular choice for corporate and luxury travelers who demand reliability, performance, and comfort.
Officially marketed as the GV-SP, it hit the market in 2003 as a variant of the Gulfstream V, offering increased range, performance, and payload capacity, as well as a redesigned cabin with better space efficiency.
This ultra-long range business jet is one of the most successful and capable business jets on the market, carrying a maximum of 18 passengers, flying up to 6,750 nautical miles, and able to perform 12 hour non-stop flights while getting executives in and out of challenging, short-runway airports.
For availability and pricing on G550 jet charter services, jets cards, and sales/acquisitions, please call us at +1-888-987-5387 (JETS).
- The Ultimate in Luxury & Performance
- Impressive Flight Range
- Seating for 12-18 Passengers
- Full-Sized, Walk-in Lavatory/Wardrobe
- Spacious, Quiet Interior
Gulfstream G550 Pricing, Performance & Specifications
The cost to charter a Gulfstream G550 starts at around $8,000 an hour* and will vary depending on year of model, date & time, scheduling, flight routing, passengers and luggage totals, and additional factors.
- Year of Make: 2003 —
- Manufacturer: Gulfstream
- Class: Long Range Jet
- MSRP: $45,000,000 – $60,000,000
- Hourly Rate: $7,000–$9,000*
- Crew: 2 pilots + up to 2 flight crew
- Capacity: up to 19 passengers
- Height: 25 ft 10 in
- Length: 96 ft 5 in
- Wingspan: 93 ft 6 in
- MTOW: 91,000 lb
- Max Payload: 6,200 lb
- Avionics: Gulfstream PlaneView
- Top Speed: 652 mph (0.85 mach)
- Cruise Speed: 459 knots (528 mph)
- Range: 6,750 nautical miles
- Ceiling: 51,000 ft
- Climb Rate: 3,650 ft/min
- Runway: 5,910 ft (takeoff); 2,770 ft (landing)
- Engines: Rolls-Royce BR 710-C4-11
- Thrust: 5,385 lbf (68.44 kN) each
- Seats: 8 + 2 divans
- Cabin Height: 6 ft 2 in
- Cabin Width: 7 ft 4 in
- Cabin Length: 43 ft 11 in
- Cabin Volume: 1,669 cu ft
- Internal Baggage: 170 cu ft
- Bathroom: Forward & Aft Lavatories
Visit the Official Website: https://www.gulfstream.com/en/aircraft/gulfstream-g550
The Gulfstream 550 is a standard-bearer in the business aviation community – one of the most frequently deployed business jets for executive and corporate flyers, it’s also a favorite among VIPs, celebrities, athletes, and luxury travelers.
Compared to the Gulfstream V, the G550 offers an additional 250 nautical mile range, and allows for an additional 500 lbs. of maximum take-off weight. A high-speed cruising performance of 561 mph and 51,000 foot maximum ceiling helps passengers avoid turbulence and enjoy a smooth, relaxing ride during long distance, transoceanic flights.
The cabin’s size is similar to the 500, with a modified layout to maximize space more efficiently. Designs include hand-tailored leather seats, hundreds of exquisite fabrics, and dozens of unique wood finishes.
Seating is typically configured for between fourteen and nineteen people, and typical baggage amounts for 14 passengers may include eight suitcases, six carry on size bags, and two sets of golf clubs.
The GV-SP is one of the most reliable aircraft on the market. Collectively, there are more than 500 aircraft in service with more than 1 million hours in service and an NBAA dispatch reliability rating of 99.9 percent, or equal to missing just one flight during five years of service on average, offering the dependability that corporate flight departments and private owners require.
The interior features 14 signature, oval windows, allowing plenty of natural light to covert the cabin into a comfortable meeting room, or to offer breath-taking views from 51,000 feet.
Cabin features including 100% fresh-air replenishment, low-altitude cabin pressurization, and reduced cabin noise allow passengers to stay energetic, focused, and relaxed. Add Wi-Fi connectivity, satellite communications, and an array of office essentials including printer/phone/fax systems, and the G550 the perfect choice for your executive office in the sky.
Differences between the G550, GV, and G500
|Max Range||6,750 nm||6,500 nm||5,800 nm|
|Max Operating Speed||Mach 0.885||Mach 0.885||Mach 0.885|
|Max Cruise||51,000 ft||51,000 ft||51,000 ft|
|Max Takeoff Weight||91,000 lbs||90,500 lbs||85,100 lbs|
Popular Flight Requests
Powered by the most thrust of any jet in its class and an impressive cruising range of 6,750 nautical miles, the G550 can fly non-stop from New York to Moscow or Shanghai to Los Angeles at 0.80 Mach; a take-off distance of 5,910 feet and landing distance of 2,770 feet allow the GV-SP to fly executives to/from many airports outside the capabilities of its peers.
Gulfstream G550 Jet Charter, Sales, and Management
For hourly rates and availability on G550s near you, please submit your details via our contact form, or speak with one of our advisors directly by calling us 24/7 at 1-888-987-5387.
* Average hourly rates vary depending on make, model and year; amenities, routing and scheduling/availability, and do not include fuel, taxes, crew charges, ramp, hangar, FBO, overnights, daily minimums, taxes, international fees, catering, ground transport, or de-icing. If you would like an accurate quote, please call or email. Pictures are for example only. The age, color, interior layout, hourly rates, specifications, dimensions may all vary between aircraft. All images copyrighted and provided courtesy of Gulfstream Aerospace.