Air Charter Services on the Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander
Air Charter Advisors is a global provider of on-demand air charter services on the Britten Norman Islander, a light turboprop aircraft and regional airliner designed and originally manufactured by Britten-Norman of the United Kingdom.
The BN Islander offers adaptability, versatility, and durability for transport and cargo missions in harsh environments. Typically offering seating for up to 9 passengers, several variants of this twin-engine aircraft are available and offer ease of operations, and flexible utilization.
Still in production, the Britten-Norman Islander is one of the best-selling planes in all of Europe. More than 1,280 have been built over its 50+ year production run, with more than 750 still in service around the world. A Scottish-operated Islander currently services the world’s shortest scheduled commercial flight, traveling just 1.7 miles between the islands of Westray & Papa Westray, with a flight time of less than 2 minutes.
Islanders are available on-demand in the US Northeast for charter flights between New York, Boston, Montauk, Martha’s Vineyard, Fishers Island, Nantucket, and the Hamptons. Several are also available in Fort Lauderdale for passenger & cargo flights to/from the Bahamas, and the BN Islander is a popular way to travel between Saint Barts and Saint Martin.
The pricetag on the original 1968 BN-2A cost only $53,000, while a BN-2T from 2013 costs around $3 million.
- Flexible operations for transport & cargo missions
- One of world’s most popular utility aircraft
- Made for island hopping
- Popular in the Caribbean, Europe, and the United States NE
Britten Norman BN-2A Islander Specifications
- Year of Make: 1965 –
- Manufacturer: Britten-Norman
- Class: Small Turboprop
- MTOW: 6,600 lb (2,994 kg)
- Max Payload: 2,925 lb (1,326 kg)
- Top Speed: 170 mph (147 knots, 273 km/h)
- Cruise Speed: 160 mph (139 knots, 257 km/h)
- Range: 756 nm (874 miles, 1,400 km)
- Climb Rate: 970 ft/min (295 m/min)
- Service Ceiling: 13,200 ft (4,024 m)
- Engine: 2× Lycoming O-540-E4C5 or IO-540
- Height: 13 ft 9 in (4.18 m)
- Length: 35 ft 8 in (10.86 m)
- Wingspan: 49 ft (14.94 m)
- Baggage Capacity: 166 ft³
Britten Norman Islander Air Charter Services
Air Charter Advisors offers access to passenger, cargo, & freight air charter services on the Britten Norman Islander. Request a quote or call our air cargo brokers directly at +1 (888) 987-5387.
* Specifications are based on common models and may vary based on model, variant, modifications, and other factors. Please call or email us with the dimensions and payload of your cargo. Pictures are for example only. The age, color, interior layout, hourly rates, specifications, dimensions may all vary between aircraft. All images copyrighted and provided courtesy of Britten-Norman unless noted otherwise.