Air Cargo Charter Services on the Antonov An-124
Air Charter Advisors offers air freight & cargo charter services on the Antonov An-124 “Ruslan”, a quad-jet cargo plane designed in the 1980’s by the Antonov design bureau.
The Antonov An-124 serves as a heavy lift freighter and large cargo aircraft that can haul up to 150 tons of payload, with a cargo compartment measuring 118′ long × 21′ wide × 14′ tall. The plane features a double fuselage similar to the Lockheed C-5 Galaxy, allowing for a rear opening door on the lower fuselage. The aircraft’s suspension system allows the aircraft to kneel for easier cargo loading & unloading via the front cargo door, and the 24 strut suspension also allows for operations on rough terrain and unfinished runways. Fully-loaded, it offers a range of 2,000 nautical miles, and can reach distances of more than 6,000 nmi with a payload of 40,000 kg.
Before the introduction Boeing 747-8F, the An-124 was the world’s heaviest cargo plane in production. It was also the second heaviest cargo aircraft behind only an enlarged version of itself, the Antonov An-225. More than 50 were built, and it remains the world’s largest military transport aircraft in service.
- World’s largest military transport aircraft still in service
- Capable of hauling up to 150 tons of cargo
- Front & rear cargo doors
- Ability to operate on rough terrain
Antonov An-124 Specifications
- Year of Make: 1982–2004
- Manufacturer: Antonov
- Class: Large Cargo Aircraft
- MTOW: 402,000 kg (886,258 lb)
- Max Payload: 150,000 kg (330,693 lb)
- Top Speed: 865 km/h (537 mph, 467 kn) max
- Cruise Speed: 800–850 km/h (500–530 mph; 430–460 kn) at FL 328-394
- Range: 2,000 nmi (3,700 km; 2,300 mi) w/ max payload
- 4,500 nmi (8,400 km; 5,200 mi) w/ 80,000 kg payload
- 6,200 nmi (11,500 km; 7,100 mi) w/ 40,000 kg payload
- Service Ceiling: 39,000 ft (12,000 m)
- Take-off Runway: 9,800 ft (3,000 m) w/ MTOW
- Landing Runway: 3,000 ft (900 m)
- Engines: 4x Progress D-18T high-bypass turbofans
- Thrust: 51,000 lbf (229 kN) each
- Cargo Hold: 118 ft long × 21 ft wide × 14 ft tall
- Length: 226 ft 8 in (69.1 m)
- Wingspan: 240 ft 6 in (73.3 m)
- Height: 69 ft 2 in (21.08 m)
Antonov An 124 Air Freight & Cargo Charter Flights
Air Charter Advisors offers access to cargo & freight services on the Antonov An 124. Request a quote or call our air cargo brokers directly at +1 (888) 987-5387.
* Specifications are based on common models and may vary based on model, variant, modifications, and other factors. Please call or email us with the dimensions and payload of your cargo. Pictures are for example only. The age, color, interior layout, hourly rates, specifications, dimensions may all vary between aircraft. All images copyrighted and provided courtesy of Antonov unless noted otherwise.