Air Cargo Charter & Air Freight Services on the Antonov An-225
Air Charter Advisors offers air cargo & freight charter services on the Antonov An-225, a massive cargo aircraft designed by the USSR’s Antonov Design Bureau in the 1980’s.
The Antonov An-225 was known as “Mriya”, which translates to ‘dream’ or ‘inspiration’ in Ukrainian. A fitting name, given it was designed to haul rocket boosters and shuttle orbiters for the Soviet space program, carrying similar mission objectives to that of United States Shuttle Aircraft. It’s NATO reporting name is Cossack.
This heavy freighter holds multiple world records: a single-item payload airlift of 418,830 lb; a total airlift payload of 559,580 lb; and total payload of 545,000 lb on a commercial flight. Due to its incredible size and weight, the An-225 is not suited for short runway operations, unlike the An-124 it was initially based on.
- World’s largest cargo plane
- Designed to transport space shuttle parts
- Multiple payload record holder
- 250 ton payload capacity
Antonov An-225 Specifications
- Year of Make: 1985
- Manufacturer: Antonov
- Class: Large Freighter
- MTOW: 1,410,958 lb (640,000 kg)
- Max Payload: 250 tons
- Top Speed: 530 mph (850 km/h; 460 kn)
- Cruise Speed: 500 mph (800 km/h; 430 kn)
- Range: 8,300 nmi (15,400 km; 9,600 mi) w/ max fuel; 4,000 km (2,500 mi) wm 200 t payload
- Service Ceiling: 36,000 ft (11,000 m)
- Engines: 6× Progress D-18T turbofans
- Thrust: 51,600 lbf (229.5 kN) each
- Cargo Volume: 46,000 cu ft (1,300 m3)
- Cargo Hold: 142.2 ft (43.35 m) × 21 ft (6.4 m) × 14 ft (4.4 m) (L x W x H)
- Length: 275 ft 7 in (84 m)
- Wingspan: 290 ft 0 in (88.4 m)
- Height: 59 ft 5 in (18.1 m)
Antonov An 225 Cargo & Freight Air Charter Services
Air Charter Advisors offers access to cargo & freight air charter services on the Antonov An 225. Request a quote or call our air cargo brokers directly at +1 (888) 987-5387.
* Specifications are based on common models and may vary based on model, variant, modifications, and other factors. Please call or email us with the dimensions and payload of your cargo. Pictures are for example only. The age, color, interior layout, hourly rates, specifications, dimensions may all vary between aircraft. All images copyrighted and provided courtesy of Antonov unless noted otherwise.