Air Cargo Services on the Boeing 747-8F
Air Charter Advisors offers air cargo & freight services on the Boeing 747-8 Freighter, a large cargo airliner with increased payload and range over the 747-400F.
The Boeing 747-400 and earlier variants were incredibly popular, accounting for nearly half of all air freight worldwide. Boeing cemented their position in the air freight market by designing a dedicated cargo variant of the 747-8, named the 747-8 Freighter or 747-8F. This cargo aircraft offers improved payload capacity and aerodynamic/technological upgrades compared to previous models, and four turbofan engines offer similar range to a 747-400, making it ideal for long-haul flights and transoceanic shipments.
One of two variants, the freighter model features a stretched fuselage of just over 250 feet in length, more than 18 feet longer than the 747-400. This made its other variant, the 747-8 Intercontinental, the longest passenger aircraft in current operation worldwide, out-measuring the Airbus A340-600 by just over 3 feet; this lasted until the maiden flight of the 777X-9 in early 2020. It’s also the heaviest commercial or military aircraft manufactured in the United States, with a maximum take-off weight of 975,000 lb – that’s 442 tons.
It can haul 137 t (302,000 lb) of cargo over a 4,120 nmi (7,630 km) distance. That’s equal to 46 shipping containers: 34 on its main deck; 12 in its lower compartments. Four additional pallet spaces are available on the main deck, and it offers a slightly greater range and 16% lower ton-mile operating cost compared to the 747-400F, which served as Boeing’s primary cargo variant throughout the 1990’s.
- Longest air freighter in the world
- Impressive 137 ton payload capacity
- Improved range of more than 4,000 nmi
Boeing 747-8F Specifications
- Year of Make: 2011 —
- Manufacturer: Boeing
- Class: Large Cargo Airliner
- MTOW: 987,000 lb (447.7 t)
- Max Payload: 292,400 lb (132.6 t)
- Cruise Speed: Mach 0.85 (488 kn; 903 km/h)
- Range: 4,120 nmi (7,630 km)
- Service Ceiling: 43,100 ft (13,100 m)
- Engines: 4x GEnx-2B67
- Thrust: 66,500 lbf (296 kN) each
- Cargo Volume: 30,288 cu ft (858 m³)
- Cabin Width: 20 ft (6.1 m)
- Length: 250 ft 2 in (76.3 m)
- Height: 63 ft 6 in (19.4 m)
- Wingspan: 224 ft 7 in (68.4 m)
Boeing 747-8 Air Cargo & Freight Charter Services
Air Charter Advisors offers access to cargo & freight air charter services on the Boeing 747-8. Request a quote or call our air cargo brokers directly at +1 (888) 987-5387.
* Specifications are based on common models and may vary based on model, variant, modifications, and other factors. Please call or email us with the dimensions and payload of your cargo. Pictures are for example only. The age, color, interior layout, hourly rates, specifications, dimensions may all vary between aircraft. All images copyrighted and provided courtesy of Boeing unless noted otherwise.