Humanitarian & Cargo Air Charter Services on the Embraer EMB 120 Brasilia
Air Charter Advisors is a global provider of air cargo services and humanitarian relief services on the Embraer 120 (EMB-120) Brasilia, a twin-turboprop cargo & passengers airliner introduced in the mid-1980’s.
Powered by twin Pratt & Whitney turboprop engines with 1,800 horsepower each, this small cargo & passenger plane is ideal for short range group flights (up to 1,000 nmi) and emergency response flights such as evacuations, medical transport, and humanitarian aid missions.
Embraer announced an extended range version in 1991 (EMB-120ER). This version became the standard model after its first delivery in 1993, featuring increased take-off weight and improved design.
Additional variations of the EMB-120 were produced during its run, including a passenger version (EMB-120RT), an all-cargo version (EMB-120FC) with a 4,000 kg (4.4 tons; 8,818 lb) payload capacity, and a VIP transporter (VC-97). The default commuter version offers seating for up to 30 passengers, with high-density configurations allowing for up to 34. For passenger charter flights, the cabin measures 30.7 feet long and 6.8 feet wide in a three-wide seating configuration, and features Honeywell air conditioning and pressurization systems.
More than 370 models were delivered to 32 operators worldwide, with the majority sales in the USA. Although these commuter airliners serve domestic routes in the United States, the Caribbean, and other regions, the majority of them serve as freighters and on-demand cargo carriers.
- Group charters for up to 30 passengers
- Ideal for short range group flights
- 3.65 ton payload w/ all-cargo models hauling 4 tons or more
Embraer EMB-120 Specifications
- Year of Make: 1983—2001
- Manufacturer: Embraer
- Class: Small Cargo Plane
- MTOW: 11,989 kg / 26,433 lbs
- Max Payload: 7,300 lb / 3.65 tons / 3,311 kg
- Top Speed: 378 mph (608 km/h; 328 kn) @ 20,000 ft
- Cruise Speed: 343 mph (552 km/h; 298 kn)
- Range: 940 nmi (1,750 km) w/ 30 passengers, fuel reserves for 100 nmi
- Service Ceiling: 29,806 ft (9,085 m)
- Runway: 4,659 ft / 1,420 m (takeoff)
- Engines: 2 x Pratt & Whitney Canada PW118 / PW118A / PW118B turbopropengines
- Propellers: 4-bladed constant-speed fully-feathering propellers
- Cabin Volume: 967 cu ft (27.4 m³)
- Seating Capacity: 30 passengers
- Length: 65 ft 7 in (20 m)
- Wingspan: 64 ft 11 in (19.78 m)
- Height: 20 ft 10 in (6.35 m)
Embraer EMB-120 Air Cargo Charter Services
Air Charter Advisors offers access to cargo air charter services on the Embraer 120. Request a quote or call our air cargo brokers directly at +1 (888) 987-5387.
* Specifications are based on common models and may vary based on model, variant, modifications, and other factors. Please call or email us with the dimensions and payload of your cargo. Pictures are for example only. The age, color, interior layout, hourly rates, specifications, dimensions may all vary between aircraft. All images copyrighted.