Cargo & Freight Air Charter Services on De Havilland 300 Series Twin Otters
Air Charter Advisors offers passenger & cargo air charter services on the de Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter, a 19-passenger STOL (Short Takeoff and Landing) utility aircraft developed by de Havilland Canada.
The Twin Otter’s fixed tricycle undercarriage, STOL capabilities, twin-turboprop engines, and high rate of climb have made it a successful commuter passenger airliner as well as a cargo and medical evacuation aircraft.
Outside of passenger & cargo service, it’s a very popular plane for skydiving operators; in fact, the Twin Otter is used by the United States Army Parachute Team and the United States Air Force’s 98th Flying Training Squadron.
The DHC-6-300 was introduced in 1969 as a twin-engine STOL utility transport plane, powered by two Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-27 turboprop engines offering 680 shp (462 kW) each. It would go on to become the most successful variant in the Twin Otter series, with sales of 614 aircraft and their sub-variants during its production run, which last until 1988. These sub-variants include models flown by UK operators known as the 310, and Australian operated models known as the 320.
Today, it is currently produced by Viking Air, who acquired the type certificates for all the out-of-production de Havilland aircraft (DHC-1 through DHC-7) in 2006 from Bombardier. Their current model is marketed as the Viking Air DHC-6 Twin Otter.
- Most successful variant of the DHC Twin Otter
- Impressive runway performance
- Ideal for short flights and Caribbean island hopping
- Cargo services available to/from remote, hard to reach locations
DHC-6-300 Twin Otter Specifications
- Year of Make: 1965–1988
- Manufacturer: de Havilland Canada
- Class: Small Cargo Plane
- MTOW: 12,500 lb (5,670 kg)
- Payload: 2,500 lb (1,135 kg) over 700 nmi (1,297 km)
- Cruise Speed: 210 mph (338 km/h; 182 kn)
- Service Ceiling: 25,000 ft (7,620 m)
- Range: 920 nmi (1,705 km) w/ 1,900 lb (860 kg) payload
- Runway: 1,200 ft / 366 m (takeoff); 1,050 ft / 320 m (landing)
- Engines: 2x PT6A-27
- Cargo Volume: 384 cubic ft
- Seating Capacity: 19 passengers
- Height: 19 ft 6 in (5.94 m)
- Length: 51 ft 9 in (15.77 m)
- Wingspan: 65 ft 0 in (19.81 m)
De Havilland DHC-6-300 Air Cargo Charter Services
Air Charter Advisors offers access to cargo air charter services on the De Havilland Twin Otter. Request a quote or call our air cargo brokers directly at +1 (888) 987-5387.
* Specifications are based on common models and may vary based on model, variant, modifications, and other factors. Please call or email us with the dimensions and payload of your cargo. Pictures are for example only. The age, color, interior layout, hourly rates, specifications, dimensions may all vary between aircraft. All images copyrighted and provided courtesy of de Havilland unless noted otherwise.