Passenger & Cargo Air Charter Flights on the ATR-42
Air Charter Advisors is a global provider of passenger & cargo charter flights on the ATR 42, a twin-turboprop regional airliner named “42” after its typical seating configuration.
The first portion of the name came from a joint venture of the French aviation company Aérospatiale (now Airbus) and the Italian aerospace conglomerate Aeritalia (now Leonardo S.p.A.), creating a Franco-Italian aircraft manufacturer operating under the name Avions de transport régional/Aerei da Trasporto Regionale (“Regional Transport Aircraft”). The ATR-42 was developed and manufactured in both France and Italy, with 6 main variants along with cargo, VIP, maritime patrol, and STOL versions.
The original ATR 42-200 offered seating for up to 48 passengers, an 11,579 lb payload capacity, and a flight range of 459 nautical miles. The most popular variant is the ATR 42-500, improving performance & comfort with upgraded engines with new propellers, a redesigned cabin, higher overall weight, and increased range. The ATR 42-500 offers the same seating capacity with reduced cabin noise, a payload of 12,015 lb, and an extended range of 716 nmi.
The ATR 42 cargo version consists of two models: tube-version bulk cargo planes, and ULD freighters with a large cargo door. A supplemental type certificate (STC) is available for the ATR-42 allowing for full conversions to an all-cargo aircraft, with FedEx, UPS, and DHL as major operators of these models.
- Regional airliner with seating for up to 48
- Bulk cargo & ULD Freighter versions
- 6 ton payload capacity
- Range of 450 – 716 nautical miles
ATR 42-500 Specifications
- Year of Make: 1984 –
- Manufacturer: ATR
- Class: Medium Cargo & Regional Passenger Airliner
- MTOW: 41,005 lb (18,600 kg)
- Max Payload: 12,015 lb (5,450 kg)
- Cruise Speed: 556 km/h (300 kn)
- Range: 716 nmi (1,326 km)
- Engines: 2x Pratt & Whitney Canada PW127E/M
- Thrust: 1,610 kW each
- Height: 24 ft 11 in (7.59 m)
- Length: 74 ft 5 in (22.67 m)
- Wingspan: 80 ft 7 in (24.57 m)
- Hold Dimensions: 545″ length x 88″ width x 68″ height
- Cargo Volume: 1,801 ft³ (51 m³)
- Forward Cargo Door: 50″ wide x 60″ tall
- After Cargo Door: 29.5″ wide x 68″ tall
ATR 42 Passenger & Freight Air Charter Services
Air Charter Advisors offers access to passenger & freight air charter services on the ATR 42. Request a quote or call our air cargo brokers directly at +1 (888) 987-5387.
* Specifications are based on common models and may vary based on model, variant, modifications, and other factors. Please call or email us with the dimensions and payload of your cargo. Pictures are for example only. The age, color, interior layout, hourly rates, specifications, dimensions may all vary between aircraft. All images copyrighted and provided courtesy of ATR unless noted otherwise.