Air Cargo & Freight Charter Services on the Antonov An 26
Air Charter Advisors offers on-demand air charter services for cargo & freight on the Antonov An 26, a twin-engine turboprop aircraft and development of the Antonov An 24.
Antonov created the An-26 in 1969 by adapting the ramp design from their An-40 to the rear of the An-24 fuselage. During it’s production run of nearly 2 decades, a total of 1,403 models were manufactured, with more than 600 built between 1976 – 1980. There were several variants of the An-26 serving as military transport, firefighting, surveillance, maritime patrol, atmospheric research, medical, cargo & freight, and VIP aircraft.
Using the main frame of the An-24 with high-set wings, twin turboprop engines, and a long, slender undercarriage, the An-26 was initially loaded with military equipment, including canvas seats, an overhead hoist, observation windows, and paratrooper equipment. The aircraft was originally introduced at the Le Bourget Airport for the Paris Air Show. The most commonly available model is the An-26-100, a modified passenger & cargo aircraft developed in 1999.
Antonov An 26 cargo planes offer a payload capacity of up to 6 tons, with a fully-loaded range of 367 nautical miles, and cruising speeds of up to 270 miles per hour. Please note that Russian models may have limited operations in Europe due to noise restrictions. Contact our air cargo charter brokers for access to An 26 air cargo & freight aircraft for your next cargo & freight mission.
- Short to medium haul freighter
- Large cargo ramp
- 6 ton payload capacity
- Fully loaded range of around 500 nautical miles
Antonov An 26 Specifications
- Year of Make: 1969–1986
- Manufacturer: Antonov
- Class: Medium Cargo Plane
- MTOW: 52,911 lb (24,000 kg)
- Max Payload: 12,100 lb (5,500 kg)
- Cruise Speed: 270 mph (440 km/h; 240 kn)
- Range: 1,300 nmi (2,500 km; 1,600 mi)
- Climb Rate: 1,600 ft/min (8 m/s)
- Range w/ Max Payload: 1,100 km (680 mi)
- Service Ceiling: 24,600 ft (7,500 m)
- Engines: 2× Progress AI-24VT turboprops
- Thrust: 2,103 kW each
- Propellers: 4-bladed constant-speed metal-bladed
- Cargo Volume: 1,059 ft³ (30 m³)
- Cargo Door Size: 86″ x 64″ (WxH)
- Cargo Hold Size: 437″ x 86″ x 62″ (LxWxH)
- Height: 28 ft 2 in (8.58 m)
- Length: 78 ft 1 in (23.8 m)
- Wingspan: 96 ft 2 in (29.3 m)
Antonov An-26 Cargo & Freight Air Charter Services
Air Charter Advisors offers access to cargo & freight air charter services on the Antonov An-26. Request a quote or call our air cargo brokers directly at +1 (888) 987-5387.
* Specifications are based on common models and may vary based on model, variant, modifications, and other factors. Please call or email us with the dimensions and payload of your cargo. Pictures are for example only. The age, color, interior layout, hourly rates, specifications, dimensions may all vary between aircraft. All images copyrighted and provided courtesy of Antonov unless noted otherwise.