Air Cargo Charter Services on the Antonov “Antei” An-22
Air Charter Advisors offer air cargo & freight charter services on the Antonov An-22 “Antei”, a turboprop-powered heavy cargo & transport aircraft designed by the Antonov Design Bureau.
Introduced outside of the USSR for the first time at the Paris Air Show in 1965, this wide-body transport aircraft remains the world’s largest turboprop-powered aircraft to this day. Despite production coming to an end in 1976, the Antonov An-22 is used extensively for cargo and humanitarian charter flights.
The An-22 offers a traditional design for cargo transport, including a multi-engine, high-wing layout that allows for 108 feet of cabin length and a usable cargo volume of 22,566 ft³. Rugged landing gear, plenty of lift, and advanced aerodynamics allow it to take off from short, unpaved airstrips, offering flexible operations for cargo, freight, and humanitarian missions. A range of 2,700 nautical miles is available with a maximum payload of just over 88 tons (80,000 kg), while distances of nearly 6,000 nmi can be achieved with 45,000 kg on-board.
- World’s largest turboprop aircraft
- Impressive 88 ton cargo capacity
- Range of up to more than 5,500 nmi
- Doesn’t require paved runways
- Short take-off & landing capabilities
Antonov An-22 Specifications
- Year of Make: 1966–1976
- Manufacturer: Antonov
- Class: Large Cargo Plane
- MTOW: 551,156 lb (250,000 kg)
- Max Payload: 176,370 lb (80,000 kg)
- Top Speed: 460 mph (740 km/h; 400 kn)
- Range: 2,700 nmi (5,000 km; 3,100 mi) w/ max payload
- Extended Range: 5,910 nmi (10,950 km; 6,800 mi) w/ max fuel & 45,000 kg payload
- Take-off Runway: 4,265 ft (1,300 m)
- Landing Runway: 2,625 ft (800 m)
- Engines: 4× Kuznetsov NK-12MA turboprop engines
- Thrust: 11,000 kW each
- Propellers: 8-bladed contra-rotating constant-speed reversible-pitch
- Length: 190 ft 0 in (57.92 m) depending on nose configuration
- Wingspan: 211 ft 3 in (64.4 m)
- Height: 41 ft 1 in (12.53 m)
Antonov An-22 Cargo & Freight Air Charter Services
Air Charter Advisors offers access to cargo & freight air charter services on the Antonov An-22. Request a quote or call our air cargo brokers directly at +1 (888) 987-5387.
* Specifications are based on common models and may vary based on model, variant, modifications, and other factors. Please call or email us with the dimensions and payload of your cargo. Pictures are for example only. The age, color, interior layout, hourly rates, specifications, dimensions may all vary between aircraft. All images copyrighted and provided courtesy of Antonov unless noted otherwise.