Air Cargo Charter Services on the Antonov An-12 Utility Plane
Originally designed in the 1950’s in the Soviet Union, the Antonov An-12 was specially designed as a cargo/freight aircraft during. This mid-sized cargo plane was the standard for medium-range cargo flights over more than three decades, with a total of 1,234 built through the end of its run in 1973.
Ideal for short to medium hauls, the An-12’s cargo hold measures 3,178 cubic feet at more than 45 ft long, 10 ft wide, and over 8 ft tall, with the ability to haul a max payload of nearly 20 tons, along with easy access to the cargo hold. The door measures 9’6″ tall and over 9’8″ wide, while the aircraft’s raising tail allows full clearance when loading/unloading cargo, especially important for fragile and/or sensitive items.
- Ideal for short to medium hauls
- Excellent performance on short runways
- Raised tail for unrestricted access to cargo
- Powered door and loading ramp
Antonov An-12 Specifications*
- Year of Make: 1957—1973
- Manufacturer: Antonov
- Class: Medium Cargo
- MTOW: 134,482 lb (61,000 kg)
- Max Payload: 44,092 lb (20,000 kg)
- Cruise Speed: 323 mph (520 km/h)
- Service Ceiling: 33,500 ft (10,200 m)
- Range: 1,900 nmi (3,600 km; 2,200 mi) w/ max payload
- Engines: 4x Ivchenko AI-20L or AI-20M turboprop engines
- Thrust: 3,000 kW (4,000 shp) each
- Propellers: 4-blade; constant-speed; reversible-pitch
- Cargo Volume: 3,178 cu ft
- Door Size: 117 in (wide) x 116 in (height)
- Length: 108 ft 7 in (33.1 m)
- Wingspan: 124 ft 8 in (38 m)
- Height: 34 ft 7 in (10.53 m)
- Wing Area: 1,310 sq ft (121.7 sq m)
Data from Global Aircraft & Airliners.net
Antonov An-12 Cargo & Freight Air Charter Services
Air Charter Advisors offers access to cargo & freight air charter services on the Antonov An-12. Request a quote or call our air cargo brokers directly at +1 (888) 987-5387.
* Specifications are based on common models and may vary based on model, variant, modifications, and other factors. Please call or email us with the dimensions and payload of your cargo. Pictures are for example only. The age, color, interior layout, hourly rates, specifications, dimensions may all vary between aircraft. All images copyrighted and provided courtesy of Antonov unless noted otherwise.